May 13, 2010

One Dollar Life (part 1)


I am a regular guy who graduated recently and got one job as a manager position in one company. I do have a good salary, 600$ a month. I know some of you are saying “Oh My, How could you say it good salary?” But it is good if I compare to those teachers, some doctors, polices, and people do have. Even I wonder about how nurses live with salary 150$ a month and teachers 250$ a month. But here I am not going to write about Mongolian salary standings and systems. All these are for more understanding of my main topic. Before I start my story, one question? What can you buy with 1$ in your country? I know in USA and the most of European countries, hardly 1 can of cola. But here totally different story begins.


One Dollar Life

Once my mother was passed away by cancer in 2003, as a big brother I was put in charge of all homework my mom used to do. Since that time I started to collect foods from one grocery shop that is not far from the apartment where my family live. I think it was one afternoon in summer and about 2 years ago, there in front of the grocery, two strange children encountered me right after I had exited the shop. They seemed one is about 6 years old, and another one is about 8 years old. Both of them wore dirty torn t-shirts and shorts. The things they wore on their feet were hard to recognize whether sandals or shoes. Their faces seemed unwashed for weeks, maybe months. When I just realized them who are titled as street children, they begun to say: 
“Ahaa, Ahaa, could you help us by giving some money? We have eaten nothing till now! Please…please?” with their cute and lovely smiles. (Ahaa-brother, we use this word when calling a person who is older than you even they are not in any blood relationship but in nice manner
I had no place to hide but to help because my heart was so touched. By that day, I started to give away my changes after every shopping. But my donations were little as dime, quarter, 50 cents and sometimes 1 dollar because my family was running on only daddy’s money. 


Those two brothers got familiar with me after several donations. Time flies day by day. Freezing winter time has come. Outside was chilling at negative 30 degree (-30oC/-22oF). It is one another day for me to get some foods. When I got there, I saw them and shocked. Guess why! Can you imagine that someone who has no gloves, no scarf, no cap, and no well-clothes is standing outside at this temperature? I got angry to their parents and pity with them. And I went to them started a conversation while I was donating my changes:
Two children: Thank you Ahaa… (Smiling)
Me: Don’t you two feel cold outside? It is very cold here!
Two children: It is Ok. We are already accustomed with this weather.
Me: Hmm… Do you get involved by those charity organizations?
Older child: Yes. They give us food and clothes but once in a while.
Me: Don’t you study in school? It is free to go school.
Two children: No we don’t because we have to get money.
Me: What about your parents? Do they work?
Younger child: Our mom is sick, and cannot work even move. Our dad works but gets 70$ a month but that is hardly for some foods and medicines.
Me: Do you have any other brothers and sisters?
Two children: No… (still smiling at me) replied and turned round then continued “their work”.


(picture of street children and their home is tunnel under road)
(After this conversation, my thoughts about some poor people were completely changed. There are people who are willing to live and work but economy and society we have give no chance for them. I don’t want to talk about unemployment, inflation, economy, and politics of my country.
Only thought I keep in my mind at most is that how I could help to those children in danger. If I and people do not help them, they are obviously going to endanger our future. Because the one who has no education, or has never felt love, or has living purpose of making money at any cost, has only way to survive is to be involved in crime.)

To be Continued...
 
 I Hope That You Will Be The One of Us Who could Turn Light On in His/Her Little World.

0 comments on "One Dollar Life (part 1)"

Post a Comment

 

LoVe The Living, SaVe The Dying Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates